3.23.2013

Food log March 20-22

So, here's the deal with the three days of no food log.

Work was insane this week. Deadlines and upcoming inventory = long stressful days. (Plus I'm completely depressed and pissed off that it is STILL cold and STILL snowing! It's freakin' spring. Stop it.)  I ate well at breakfast and lunch but dinner? not so much. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was shower and sleep. I was in bed with my electric blanket and a book by 7 p.m. Totally skipped dinner Wednesday and Thursday. I was ravenous when I woke up but basically okay.

Until Friday. I was hungry after eating breakfast. I was hungry after eating lunch. I found myself daydreaming about food in the afternoon. I was seriously craving bread...for the first time since January. I almost stopped for some take-away on the way home from work because I did NOT feel like cooking but I was seriously about to start gnawing on my fingers. But I came home and made what was probably a 1,000 calorie burger topped with gouda and bacon and guacamole and mushrooms and tomatoes and ranch. Yeah, I was HUNGRY. And then I took a shower, knocked back a double shot of vodka, and went to bed.

This upcoming week is going to be much the same at work so I need to plan better. Maybe a crockpot meal. Or I could throw together a meal salad in the morning so all I have to do when I get home in the evening is pull it out of the fridge. I could possibly do a restaurant meal if I plan it carefully rather than doing it on impulse.

The scale hasn't reflected my bad choices but I was definitely sliding towards a disaster. I cannot - WILL NOT - let that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment