8.04.2013

The work week from hell

Friday, my supervisor at Job #1 asked me if I could pick up a few extra hours this week because one of our busy seasons has begun. I usually only work 24 hours (three 8 hour days) so I said yes. My schedule at my other job varies but it's normally only about 12 to 14 hours, so I figured I'd have some flexibility. I should have checked with my manager at Job #2 first, though, because the assistant manager at that job will be on vacation next week and guess who was given the extra hours to cover? Me.

This is what my upcoming work week looks like:
Sunday:
Job #2 - 9am to 5pm (8 hours)
Monday:
Job #1 - 6am to 4:30pm (10 hours)
Tuesday:
Job #1 - 5am to 9am (4 hours)
Job #2 - 9am to 5pm (8 hours)
Wednesday
Job #1 - 6am to 4:30pm (10 hours)
Thursday
Job #1 - 5am to 9am (4 hours)
Job #2 - 9am to 5pm (8 hours)
Friday
Job #1 - 6am to 4:30pm (10 hours)
Saturday
Job #2 - 3pm to 7pm (4 hours)

66 hours. Oy. (And did I mention that my last day off was Monday? So this will be twelve days in a row without a day off. Double oy.) But I confess that I certainly won't mind the extra money. I can pay off some back bills and/or put some aside for a vacation to Florida that a friend and I are planning.

It's gonna be a crazy week to try and get back on the Diet Train. And running? I don't think that's gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment