2.11.2013

Cauliflower Crust Pizza (1)


The crust for this recipe for Cauliflower Crust Pizza is the same as the recipe for Cauliflower "Bread" Sticks, which I made yesterday, so I used the leftovers to try the pizza for lunch today. I just topped the leftover cooked "dough" with toppings and baked for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. (Because the crust had sat out overnight it was kinna cripsy, so that might be a different texture than the original recipe that is topped and baked immediately.)

The crust is just riced cauliflower, eggs, cheese, and seasonings - very simple to make. The texture is okay, but the flavor is a bit rich and salty. Though it's nothing like my favorite pizza from the local pizzeria, it is a good option for a low carb wheat free pizza. (And it's certainly better than Experiment Number 1!)  I'd give it a 4 out of 10.

Nutrition info
2 of 4 pieces (with only sauce and cheese) = Calories 284, Protein 24, Carbs 10, Fat 17

No comments:

Post a Comment