4.01.2013

Meatless Monday April 1


Breakfast


Quinoa Porridge with Nuts & Raisins (recipe)
Chobani banana Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries

Lunch



Cheese Quesadillas
(corn tortillas, cheddar & monterey cheeses, and jalapeños, with guacamole on the side)
Tossed salad with veggies and a basic vinaigrette dressing
Sliced mango

Dinner



Chipotle Barbecued Tofu (recipe)
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower "Rice" (recipe)
Dairy-Free Lemon Pudding (recipe) with Coconut Whipped Cream (recipe)


Nutrition info
I almost didn't calculate the nutrition info for the day because I was pretty sure it would freak me out to see how drastically different the numbers are from my usual targets. But I decided to do it, just because I was curious, and I was surprised. Yes, compared to my norm, the carbs are about twice as high and the protein is about half as much, but I think the numbers still fall within dietable guidelines.

Calories: 1,397
Carbs: 148
Fat: 72
Protein: 51

Plus, I really enjoyed the food - definitely found some keeper recipes!  I did have a bit of a blood sugar spike after breakfast but it wasn't too terrible. I also found I got hungrier a lot quicker than I do on a higher protein day. But overall I think the Meatless Mondays idea is totally doable. Yay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment