10.26.2013

Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

Eating low carb, I really miss Italian food. Like...A LOT. Fortunately there are some ways to still do Italian, and though it's not the same, it's still tasty. Like this Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash.




You can see the original recipe HERE. I made a few changes, just based on stuff I had on hand, not really because I thought there was anything wrong with the recipe.

I used:
2 C. cooked spaghetti squash
1/2 C. ricotta cheese
1/2 T. parmesan cheese
4 oz. ground turkey, cooked
1 C. Hunt's No Sugar Added Spaghetti Sauce
2 oz. mozzarella cheese

See the original recipe for directions on how to cook the spaghetti squash.

I divided the squash into two individual baking dishes. I combined the ricotta and the parmesan and spooned that on the squash. Then I mixed together the ground turkey and the spaghetti sauce, and poured that over the ricotta. Finally I topped it with the mozzarella, and baked at 350 for 30 minutes. (Makes 2 servings)

Calories: 355
Carbs: 19
Fat: 18
Protein: 25

It's a really generous serving for only 355 calories, and it is so rich and cheesy and delish. Good stuff, this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment