11.05.2013

Wounded

I cut my finger while doing dishes Sunday morning. At first I thought it wasn't too bad - it wasn't bleeding much and didn't really hurt. But then my body did this total freakout "This is really bad!" thing - heart racing, ears ringing, shaking everywhere, feeling cold and flushed. When I looked at my finger again I realized that I couldn't bend it, at all.

I went to the ER and got 4 stitches and a referral to an orthopedist for a possibly severed tendon (which is like a rubberband that runs the length of your finger and controls movement). I saw the orthopedist yesterday and he did a couple things to my finger and said, "Well, that's not good" and referred me to orthopedic surgeon who I am seeing today.

I'm not in too much pain (but I have a high pain tolerance, so maybe I really am and just don't know it). I am so ridiculously tired though. I didn't know it was possible to sleep so much or to get tired so easily. A nurse reminded me that this is major bodily trauma, not just a "stick a bandaid on it booboo" so I guess the fatigue is pretty normal.

I don't have insurance which is totally stressing me out. I'm hoping the surgeon will be willing to do surgery without requiring full payment up front because that's completely impossible.

So obviously at the moment I'm not focusing much on weight loss and exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment