3.16.2013

Smooth Operator

I tried to ignore the Smoothie Craze. Just because I don't like to be a trend follower. But I have to admit there's something appealing about getting multiple servings of fruits and veggies in a glass.  And adding some protein powder eliminates that whole "Ugh, eggs again?" dilemma. So, this morning I threw some stuff in the blender:

1/4 cup sliced banana
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
1/8 cup blueberries
2 cups spinach (loosely packed)
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 T. MLO Super High Protein Powder

Calories: 211 Carbs: 18 Protein: 27

My verdict? The flavor was good - sweet, fruity, nutty, and not at all spinachy. The texture was pretty gross, though. Kind of...gritty or chalky. I'm guessing that was the protein powder? Maybe a different one would be better? (I want to try something with less freaky ingredients anyway). Or maybe use less? The smoothie was VERY filling, but it didn't last long. I drank the shake at 8:30 and really needed food by 10 o'clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment