4.06.2013

Crustless Crockpot Pizza


The idea for this pizza is that you take all your pizza toppings plus sauce and cheese and layer it in a crockpot (or casserole dish) and cook it. It has no crust at all. Kinna like if you scraped everything off a pizza and just ate that. Sounds like a good idea.

I used: ground beef, Italian sausage, plain tomato sauce, spinach, mushrooms, banana peppers, olives, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and Provolone cheese. And I skipped the crockpot and just baked it in a casserole dish.

My opinion? Too salty! Gah! (Maybe the sausage? Or the olives?) And even though it gave the right pizza flavors, my brain knew something was missing. I wonder if it would be better if you made it with some zucchini, like the recipes for pasta-less lasagna?

I'd rate it a 3 or 4 out of 10. I might try tweaking it, but honestly I probably won't make it again.


Nutrition info from the original recipe site
Calories: 487, Carbohydrates: 7.6g, Fiber: 2, Net Carbohydrates: 5.6g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 37g

No comments:

Post a Comment