4.14.2013

Menu Plan Monday April 15

Click the logo to see more menu plans!

NOTE: All my meal plans are wheat free, gluten free, contain mostly "clean" ingredients,
are 1400 calories or less, and have less than 100g carbs.

I don't have anything interesting planned for breakfasts and
lunches so this week I'm just sharing my dinner menus. 


TUESDAY


Italian Meatballs (recipe) - no pasta
(Use gf breadcrumbs to make it gluten free and wheat free)
Salad with lots of veggies and creamy balsamic dressing


WEDNESDAY


Tuna Burgers with Pineapple-Mustard Glaze (recipe)
and Sweet & Spicy Slaw (bagged slaw mix + this recipe for the dressing)
served on Schar Gluten Free Multigrain Bread
Steamed Broccoli

THURSDAY


Potato Chip Crusted Pork Chop (recipe)
(I plan to try this with bbq potato chips. Use potato flour to make it gluten free)
Roasted brussels sprouts

FRIDAY



Macaroon Crusted Tilapia (recipe)
Chilled Asparagus Soup (recipe)
Spring Salad with Strawberries, Coconut & Almonds and Lemon-Basil Dressing (recipe)

SATURDAY



 Chili Mac
Leftover mac & cheese (recipe - made with quinoa pasta)
+ the last container of winter chili from the freezer
Raw veggies
with Marie's Yogurt Parmesan Caesar dressing



WHAT I THOUGHT OF LAST WEEK'S NEW RECIPES (see the post here)
Sunrise Citrus Tofu Cubes - Tasted so much like French toast it kind of blew my mind!
Polynesian Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette - A great combo of flavors; would probably make again but not a favorite
Bacon & Brussels Sprouts Salad - I was really surprised at how delicious this was. I didn't make the dressing in the recipe but used creamy Balsamic and just drizzled it on until it was barely moist. I also added sunflower seeds.
Chicken Meatballs with Chipotle-Honey Sauce - I loved the meatballs but wasn't real crazy about the sauce. 
Ginger Shrimp & Broccoli Stirfry - So so so so good! Definitely a keeper. The ginger really kicks this up to a new level of awesome. (I planned to serve this with Cauliflower Fried "Rice" but discovered my cauliflower had gone bad. It was a filling meal without it, though.)
Indonesian Ginger Chicken - I used the sauce to marinade boneless chicken breasts and then tossed them in a salad with lots of veggies and a simple orange-ginger vinaigrette. Very delicious! 
Peanut Butter Cookie Hummus - OMG! It smells and tastes just like cookies. I wanted to grab a spoon and eat the whole bowlful. This is going into the regular rotation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment