6.23.2013

Today's run

I ran 3 miles this morning (and, yes, I really did manage to RUN most of it!) and it was fabulous run except for...

Hot and Humid
Even at 6:30 am it was ridiculously hot and - sweet mercy! - was it ever humid. I was dripping wet (which I have to admit makes me feel like an awesome superhero athlete).

The Slobber Monster
Usually when I encounter a person walking a dog, I politely move aside to let them pass. But the dog I met today ran directly at me in a very "Pet me! I love you! I'm so adorable" sort of way, so I paused to briefly stroke its head. It wiggled excitedly and nuzzled up to me and discovered that I was sweaty....and tasty. The dog WOULD NOT stop licking me and covering me with doggy slobber. The owner finally had to forcibly drag it away from me (with many embarrassed apologies).

Mutant Bunny Rabbits
Later, I came around a corner and discovered two enormous rabbits munching on the grass. I mean, they looked like they should be cast in a Monty Python movie ("If you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.")  I gave them a very wide berth and continued onward.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, a 3 mile run is a great victory... especially with the heat that high. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting out there for a run!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here! Good on you for running; I just can't get into it. (or don't want to...LOL)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the run! Haha, sounds like you have fun run :) xx

    http://fitnessmunchieslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete