8.28.2013

Food log August 27

It's been AGES since I posted a food log. Guess it's about time I did that, eh?



Post-run snack (7:30 am)
Peanut butter - oat thingies inspired by this recipe. I use 1/2 cup instant oats, 1 T. pb, and 1 T. honey; mix it all up until the oats are coated; refrigerate until firm. I get two small servings from this combo. (154 calories, 24 g. carbs, 4 g. protein)

Breakfast (8:15 am)
Eggs scrambled with swiss cheese
Homemade breakfast sausage
Pear



Lunch (12:45 pm)
BLT Wrap - with fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes and lettuce....yum!
Peach


Snack (4:00 pm)
Tomato stuffed with cottage cheese seasoned with Sriracha and dill
Hard-cooked egg



Dinner (6:30 pm)
Cheddar bratwurst
Coleslaw
Apple


Daily Totals
Calories: 1,300
Carbs: 81
Protein: 73

Analysis
Lots and lots of fresh produce - super yay! I rarely do snacks, but I needed some protein in the afternoon. As much as I love BLTs, they have like zero protein. Carbs for the day are a bit higher than normal but that was because of the peanut butter - oat thingie, which I really needed after this morning's run.


No comments:

Post a Comment