9.18.2013

To influence

influence (noun) a power affecting a person, thing, or course of events, especially one that operates without any direct or apparent effort

When I shared the pics from my recent "photo shoot" on facebook, I got A LOT of comments. A few people commented on the fabulous outfits and the crazy poses; more people commented about my weight loss. Most of my facebook friends aren't people who see me on a regular basis. And a lot of my facebook friends are people I went to high school with, and in our small town that meant that we knew each other from kindergarten through senior year. I've been fat since the third grade so the image most of those people have of me is FAT.

In response to all those comments on my weight loss, I explained my weight loss secret (which isn't as profound as it may sound). Forty people "liked" that post and more than a few people mentioned that my weight loss success is influencing them to work on their own health and fitness.

And my friend Ms. Lierre felt moved to write her own blog post about my facebook status. You can read that HERE. In her blog post she also mentions a book that has been instrumental to her in her pursuit to lose some weight - French Women Don't Get Fat. And if I know Ms. Lierre, this book is fabulous. I simply adore her taste in books, food, fashion, design, music.....basically everything! I must get my hands on a copy of this book soonest.

(sidenote: Ms. Lierre and I are internet friends; I don't even remember how we discovered each other and we've never met in person. But I strongly suspect that if we didn't live on opposite sides of the country, we'd totally be bffs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment