10.13.2013

Pulled Pork: The Wonder Food

Why have I never made pulled pork before? It's easy, cheap, versatile, and yummy! (I bought a pork butt roast for $1.69 a pound. That's got to be about the cheapest meat on the market, and just look at all you can do with it!)



I used this recipe as inspiration for a spice rub, slathered the spices all over the roast, and let it sit in the fridge for about 12 hours. And then I followed this recipe (minus the spice rub) to cook it in the crockpot. So delish straight from the dish....and even better the next day. Plus, there are about a million things to do with it!

Sandwiches (obviously). For low carb, make some Cloud Bread. (This is pretty delicate "bread" so it works best to serve the meat on the side. Tear off a bite of the Cloud Bread, scoop up a forkful of pork....and it's sort of like a sandwich.)  For gluten free, I definitely recommend Udi's Buns. Or if you don't have dietary restrictions, just enjoy on some crusty kaiser buns.

Or how about Pulled Pork & Butternut Squash Chili? Wow, was this GOOD. I didn't follow the recipe 100 percent but I'm certain it's wonderful just as written.


Or enjoy it for breakfast in a burrito! (For gluten free, I again recommend Udi's.)



Or maybe you'd like it as a taquito (with chipolte-ranch dipping sauce). These are fab-u-lous!


And not at all diet friendly but oh so yummy - a big pile o' pork on a baked sweet potato. Drizzle it with a bit of Poblano Lime Crema and...omg.



No comments:

Post a Comment